HOW TO PREPARE FOR AN APPOINTMENT?
- Stop taking antihistamines for at least 3-4 days before your appointment. You can continue taking your sprays for asthma and rhinitis, cortisone tablets, antibiotics if they have been prescribed and other essential medication. If you are having allergic reactions, check with your GP if they can prescribe Redipred, Predmix or Prednisolone, as they do not interfere with testing.
- Avoid wearing strong perfumes, aftershaves or sprays as they can trigger reactions in our hypersensitive patients and the staff.
- We deal with highly allergic patients in the clinic setting. Children cannot eat any food or drinks other than water in the clinic. Exceptions are made for babies where a bottle of formula should be brought to the appointment and for children having open food challenges under medical supervision.
- If you have other children who need to be collected from care or school at a set time, please make arrangements to avoid time pressure. If possible do not bring siblings without appointments into the clinic so that parents can fully focus on consultation.
WHAT TO BRING?
If you are a new patient you need to bring a signed referral from your doctor issued within the last 12 months. The referral must have our address on it and be addressed to the doctor you are booked in with. Review patients please check our confirmation email, which will inform you if new referral is required.
Below are the forms we need competed prior to arrival for your appointment. If you do not have access to a printer please arrive 15 minutes earlier than your appointment time to complete the forms in the clinic.
1. Patient detail form (67 KB)
2. Medical Questionnaire (221 KB)
3. Diet history (122 KB)
You can check eligibility for the Patient Travel Subsidy Scheme PTTS through the government website. The referring doctor will need to complete one of the sections and the doctor here will need to complete the appropriate section during the consultation.
You can check eligibility for Carer Payment through Centrelink at the following website. You need to bring the form that is collected from Centrelink to the appointment for the doctor to complete during the consultation. Eligible conditions may be severe eczema, tube feeding and severe behavior problems.
MEDICARE SAFETY NET
You can register for the Medicare Safety Net and check the current thresholds for out-of-pocket costs (the difference between the Medicare benefit and what the doctor charges you).
No events found.
AVAILABILITY TIMES - EXISTING PATIENTS
No events found